For days I’ve been staring at my planning notebook and coming up absolutely dry on ideas for what to write on my blog each week. I usually don’t have this problem. Maybe it’s because I’ve been doing so much intense writing on curriculum, behind the scenes where you can’t see it, that my poor little brain has no energy left for much else. Yup, that’s probably it.
Except… All this research and study on history has been exciting! I’ve been loving every minute of it! I’ve learned so much about my God, and about how He loves me and has my times in His hands (Psalm 31:15).
“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do” (Isaiah 46:9-11).
Wow, that gives me goosebumps. I just want to stand in my front yard and shout, “Hey, everyone! You’ve just got to hear what God did when Genseric, king of the Vandals, came over from Africa in AD 455, captured Rome, and allowed his soldiers to sack it for fourteen days. God’s hand was really in that! It’s awesome… I know God has His hand in my life, too.”
But it sounds a little odd. 🙂
So I’ve decided to do something a little different today. I’m going to share some links to sites that have been meaningful to me lately, just to give you a peek inside my heart and head.
- What We Read in Family Devotions This Morning — and it fit so well with what I was just thinking about with history and God
- Simple, Hot-Weather Meal Ideas — if it’s been hot at your house this week, too
- 5-HTP Tyrosine Dopa Treatment Protocols — if you enjoy technical, scientific, health stuff like I do
- Donna Young — my second home in the summertime, when I’m planning for a new school year
- What’s for Dinner Menu Planner — a cool idea that my girls would eat right up (no pun intended)
- Discover Your Children’s Gifts — one of the best books I’ve read in a long time
Then I’d like to ask a few questions of you, to see if you can help me out on some things that puzzle me.
- Is mathematical “set theory” biblical?
- Does genetically modified food (GMO) go against God’s law (Gen. 1:11-12, Lev. 19:19, Deut. 22:9), and if so, how do you manage to avoid it?
- Does the word “clean” in the New Testament mean the same as the word “clean” in the Old Testament?
- What’s the best (and most affordable) driver’s education curriculum for homeschoolers? (Here in Minnesota, we have to use a state-approved course.)
Finally, I’d like to send you to a survey, to see what Bible study topics would interest you in the weeks ahead. (I know. It’s cheating. But it really will help me think of what to write about!)
Thanks so much!
(…who is now in the midst of writing about the origins of nouns and pronouns… cool stuff, if you’re weird.)