Okay, dear readers…
I have some questions for you! I’d love to get your opinions on these very weighty matters. 😀 Will you share in the comments below?
1. I’m in the market for a new Bible. I’ve really frustrated at the recent, sneaky, egalitarian changes to the NIV (2010 edition), and I really don’t want to use it any more. Will you share what version you use and why? I don’t need a study Bible — I have plenty of those — but rather, I’m looking for a read-it-every-day-and-take-it-to-church-with-me-in-my-diaper-bag, mark-it-up-really-well kind of Bible. I’ve been considering The Scriptures, but I don’t love the softcover binding, and I’m not sure how practical a hardcover will be. Any users out there?
2. I need a new kitchen knife, one that stays sharp, is easy to hold, and cuts onions rather than fingers. I’ve heard that the Global G-2 8-Inch 20cm Cook’s Knife is good. It’s expensive, though! (More than a new Bible!!!) Any opinions on good knives?
3. I’m teaching the fall of the Roman Empire to my children, from 100 AD to Constantine. I’m having a lot of trouble finding interesting resources, either online or in books. (ZZZZzzzzz….) Any ideas? Any good historical fiction from this era? Online lesson plans?
4. What do you do for teenage acne?
5. I’d love to learn Hebrew, and I even picked up a very cool textbook at Goodwill for $1.99. Except that it requires that I learn the entire alphabet in one lesson. I’m stuck there! Any good resources for this very busy mother, especially ones who have very little brain energy left at the end of a day for learning a new language?
6. I’m eating low-carb. I’m bored with eggs! Any good low-carb cookbooks or websites?
7. I despise wearing a bandanna every day. I feel like a biker momma, which is not my personality at all. Any good websites where you buy pretty headcoverings? (I tend to wear styles similar to these at Happy Homestead’s Etsy shop.)
You’re the best! Thank you!