Since I didn’t have time to complete my article for this section today, I’ve decided instead to send you some fabulous links that I’ve found lately.
For instance, I’m a big fan of Robin Sampson at Heart of Wisdom. Here are some great things she’s posted recently:
- Ten Best Dollar-Store Deals – Sometimes I feel guilty buying things at the Dollar Store, because they weren’t on my “list.” (I’m such a list person.) But IF I have the money in my budget (for after all, it doesn’t “save money” to spend money I don’t have), then these deals are really great for homeschooling and home.
- 15 Minute Cleanup Checklists – No kidding, just today, I tried to make lists like these on my computer. What an answer to prayer to find them already made online. After several months of pregnancy, bed rest, and recovery, we’ve got a little cleaning to do at our house!
- Read the Entire Bible in 90 Days – I’d love to do this. I might not make it, but even if I read it all in 180 days, that would still be great.
- 10 Super Index Card Ideas for Homeschooling – This will get your brain going! What else could index cards be used for? House cleaning? Budgeting? Ways to bless your husband? Verses to memorize? Healthy food preparation? I’m a big fan of index cards, but I’d love to get some bright colors like she uses!
Other great websites I’ve seen recently:
- I0 Things to Do with Your Child Before Age 10 – At the advice of a friend, my husband gave me the book Teaching the Trivium for a gift. What a fabulous book! I can’t put it down! Here is an excerpt from chapter 11.
- Wonders of the World – This is a great website for teaching history and geography. I want to beef up our geography learning this school year, and my children and I have enjoyed this website.
- Free Lapbooks – When you don’t have time to be creative and put your own unit studies together, you’ll really appreciate the massive number of lapbooks at this site. I’m working through the “Ancient Greece” lapbook now.
That’s enough for today. I have more… but what if I need to do this again next week? 🙂 (In the meantime, don’t forget to check out our many resources at Homeschooling Bible!)