Arts & Crafts
- How Great Thou Art is a highly-recommended producer of art-teaching materials for homeschoolers.
- Fine Art Education
- Free Art Resources for Homeschool
- KinderArt.com – let’s do some art with our youngest children
- Art Adventures at Home: A Curriculum Guide for Home Schools
- Art in Story: Teaching Art History to Elementary School Children
- Artistic Pursuits
- DLTK’s Crafts for Kids
- Timeline of Art History
- The Web Gallery of Art
- Art Lessons from Concordia University in Chicago
- I’ve gotten many free art samples, downloads, and curriculum by subscribing to the list at “Freebie of the Day.”
- Yes, You Can Play the Piano — by Anne Elliott
- The Piano Education Page — a huge site with excellent musical help for parents and students (as well as piano teachers)
- How Does a Piano Work?
- A Parent’s Guide to Piano Lessons
- Music Theory.net — a fabulous site that reinforces basic music theory
- The Cyber Hymnal
- Music in the Home — a classical music study curriculum
- Classics for Kids
- Piano Nanny — piano lessons on the web
- Piano Adventures — my favorite curriculum for piano lessons, plus an online guide to teaching it (so nice!)
- Free Music for Children
- Class Guitar Resource offers these excellent resources for learning the guitar — highly recommended! (probably requires a teacher)
- Teaching Voice to Beginners
- The excellent book Basic Music Theory and a study guide for parents
- Rent a musical instrument
- Read, Write and Play Music
- Power Glide — foreign language courses
- Ideas for Learning Languages
- Greek Baby — educational tools for teaching Greek to children
- The Latin Road to English Grammar
- Helps for language learners, from Learn in Freedom‘s website
- Don Potter’s website has free (and excellent) resources for teaching Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and Spanish.
Typing & Computers
- Learn 2 Type for kids
- Christian Keyboarding
- Homeschool Computer Curriculum — Teach your kids (middle and high school) to build a Web site and to create their own games through the Logo computer language, using self-study books available at MotherboardBooks.com. (My oldest son is using this curriculum now… and loving it!)
- PECentral — the source for health & physical education teachers
- Free physical education resources for homeschoolers
- Homeschool Entrepreneur — teach your children how to start a home business
- Worldwide Brands — an excellent source for reputable dropshippers. Be sure to check out their huge, free article and e-book library to teach your children how to do business.
- Building a Successful Family Home Business by Cindy Rushton — highly recommended!
- Speech Communication — The Art of Eloquence teaches Christians of all ages to communicate with boldness and grace. (Also visit their Grace Talk Soup, a free talk show on how to communicate.)
- I wasn’t sure where to put these “Reading Lists” — but this is an excellent place to start when you want to build a library of quality books for your family! (see also our Tools page)
- Merit Badge Requirements — a great resource for building unit studies, teaching life skills to your boys, and more
- Electronic field trips by Ball State University
- Armbruster Puzzles is a great site with puzzles for both children and adults. The author also offers to make a free crossword puzzle for you if you’ll provide him with a list of vocabulary words.